Seneca Habitat for Humanity builds homes and offers 0% financing on a 15 – 30 year mortgage not 25 years.
To qualify for a Seneca Habitat for Humanity home you must meet the criteria below:
- Need: Total income must be between 50 – 80% of the Average Median Income (AMI) for Seneca County. Also, your current living situation must be inadequate due to:
- Safety Concerns
- Poor Maintenance by Landlord
- Lack of Disability Access
- Excessive Rent Payment (more than 30% of your gross income)
- Ability to Pay: Income must be more than 30% of AMI. You must demonstrate the ability to pay a monthly mortgage. We do check your credit history but do not use a credit score.
- Income must be steady, reliable, and documented
- Monthly debt obligations must be less than 43% of your income
- Collection debts cannot be more than $3,500
- You cannot have any outstanding liens or judgments
- No bankruptcies within the last two years
- Willingness to Partner: Willing to partner with Seneca Habitat for Humanity
- Complete 200 sweat equity hours which includes attendance at required monthly education meetings, completing financial management courses and actively participating in the home building process.
- Accept a home location where we are building.
- Be a positive ambassador for Seneca Habitat for Humanity.
Since its start, Habitat for Humanity has always believed that everyone deserves a decent place to live. We follow fair housing laws and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, familial status, ancestry, military status, disability or national origin. We also, in accordance with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) do not discriminate against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or source of income.
How to Apply: Applications can be received by calling the office and making an appointment. Applications might not be available depending on the waiting list of eligible families.
If you would like to learn more about home ownership, call us at (419) 447-4270.